Back to Blog
Life's a Trip
The summertime is here! And there is no better time than now to take a trip to a really cool location. Here at Isle Casino Hotel® Waterloo, we know how difficult it can be to plan your own getaway. It’s so important to treat yourself to a vacation every now and then. That’s why we’re excited to bring you the Life’s a Trip Giveaway.
Why are Vacations Important?
Whether you plan to take a break for a few days or a few weeks, regular vacations are important. Work and life responsibilities can be incredibly demanding. So a vacation is the perfect time to recharge. Vacations provide many health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Stress Reliever: Many studies have shown that stress has been known to cause many physical conditions, including headaches, cancer, cardiovascular diseases and more. When we’re stressed, we become incredibly burned out, creating a weaker immune system. Allow yourself to go away for a bit, so you can regain some new energy.
- Improve Mental Skills: The more rested we are, the less we worry. Worry can inhibit our abilities to think critically and creatively. Many people find when they’re on vacation, they become inspired with new ideas.
- Bond With Family: We live in such a fast paced society now. Oftentimes, technology, work and extracurricular activities can keep us from really bonding with our family. Vacations are a great time to reconnect with your loved ones. You may even find you’re closer than ever after a long getaway.
- Have Fun: Let’s face it. Sometimes you’re not stressed at all. You just want to go out and have a good time. You should be allowed to do that. Vacations can be super fun because you can meet new people, explore new destinations, laugh, and experience the things you love to do the most.
Things Not to Do on Vacation
We don’t want to come off like Negative Nellies, but there are some things we suggest you don’t do while on vacation.
- Be Glued to Your Cell Phone: Vacations are all about experiencing things in the moment and bonding with whoever you’re with. Even if you travel alone, don’t waste your precious travel time by staring at your phone the entire time.
- Ignoring Local Restaurants: Vacations are a time for exploration. If you win a carnival cruise, definitely don’t ignore the local restaurants in the area for something you’d normally eat. Try to forgo the chain restaurants, and try something you’ve never had before.
- Become Picture-obsessed: We get it. You might see some awesome locations and feel like you want to capture every moment. But here’s the thing. If you’re just snapping pictures non-stop, you’re not really being in the moment. Memories are formed from experiences, not from photos. So take a couple of photos, then put the camera down!
Life’s a Trip Giveaway
We just love a good time. And we also love a great getaway! We’re running a great promotion right now where guests have the chance to win a trip to Vegas or a Carnival® Cruise! But wait, there’s more. Not only will the lucky winner win a trip, but they’ll also get $500 cash to go with it. We’re sure you already have your bags packed. Check out the details below.
Dates: Saturdays, August 8, 15, 22 and 29
- 6 p.m. - Win $500 in FanPlay®.
- 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. - Win a trip to Las Vegas or a Carnival® Cruise
- free entry on drawing days. Earn more entries based on play.
- Swipe your Fan Club® card one hour prior to each drawing time to activate your entries.
Don’t miss out on this great giveaway. Stop by Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo for your chance to win today!