Back to Blog
Last Minute Easter Desserts
Want to make an impressive and quick Easter dessert for your celebration this year? We’ve listed four easy recipes that anyone can make – that are sure to wow your guests. If you’d like to spend your day hunting Easter eggs and not slaving away in the kitchen, read on to discover our simple Easter dessert recipes:
This throwback recipe is a fruit salad that’s jazzed up with coconut and whipped cream for a decadent delight!
Start to finish: 10 minutes
8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Combine the whipped topping and yogurt in a large bowl.
2. Gently fold in the remaining ingredients with a rubber spatula.
3. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
These bite sized treats can be customized with whatever candy appeals to you and make a perfect sweet and salty combo.
Start to finish: 25 minutes
Assorted colored candy melt wafers
Small pretzels (twists or circles)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment, foil or silicone.
2. In a single layer, place the pretzels flat on the baking sheet, then place a candy melt on each pretzel.
3. Bake the pretzels and candy for two minutes.
4. Immediately after removing from the oven, place a piece of candy on each candy melt and press into the chocolate to set.
5. Let cool completely and serve!
This marshmallow and white chocolate dessert is a fun, colorful goody that kids will love!
Start to finish: 20 minutes
1 12-ounce bag white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
3 cups mini rainbow marshmallows
1. Use parchment paper to line an 8x11-inch baking dish.
2. Combine white chocolate chips and shortening into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Working quickly, add the marshmallows and stir to combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and spread to fill the entire pan. Top with sprinkles.
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until completely set. Cut into squares and serve.
By using pre-made carrot cake, this dessert comes together quickly and is a great twist on the original.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Carrot cake recipe of your choice, baked into a 9X13 cake and cooled
14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
8 ounce whipped topping
10.6 ounce vanilla frosting
6 ounce (half a tub) of whipped cream cheese
Approx. 1/2 cup caramel sundae sauce
Approx. 1 cup chopped pecans
1. This cake isn’t freestanding, so leave the cake in the dish it was baked in.
2. Poke about 20-30 holes in the top of the cake with a spoon or large skewer. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the holes, trying to fill them as much as possible.
3. Use a hand mixer to beat together the whipped topping, vanilla frosting, and the whipped cream cheese in a large bowl. Once smooth, spread evenly over the cake.
4. Top with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Cut into squares.
All these recipes are quick and easy, but in case you don’t feel like making your own dessert this year, Simply Yummy Baking Company® at Isle Casino Hotel® Waterloo has you covered. With a wide selection of made-from-scratch baked goods, prepared with the finest quality (and local) ingredients, you can get a perfect Easter dessert with no hassle. Whether you’re craving cake, pie, cheesecake, or cookies… you can find them all at Simply Yummy®!