Back to Blog
Keep on Truckin’
The United States is well known as a country of car lovers, but the fact of the matter is that we love our trucks even more. Pickup trucks are, in fact, the best-selling vehicles in the country, and their popularity just keeps rising as automakers build them to be better and better. Here in Waterloo, there’s no exception, that’s why this month we’re giving away a Ford F-150® as part of our Keep On Truckin’ promotion! Before we tell you how to win, check out these 10 benefits of owning a truck:
1. Lots of luxury: Ultra-luxurious pickups now populate dealerships across the nation, with examples offering plush leather cabins, heated and cooled front-row seating, premium audio systems, heated rear seats, heated steering wheels, and all the latest high-tech goodies that used to be limited to cars.
2. Plenty of payload: Those pickup beds are there for a reason, allowing owners to enjoy payload ratings of more than 2,200 pounds; that’s more than enough for most drivers, whether they prefer gardening or going camping.
3. Tremendous tow ratings: Pickups are especially notable for their pulling power, providing owners with the outputs they need to trailer more than six tons worth of boats, off-road vehicles, horse-trailers, campers, motorcycles or more.
4. Surprising levels of fuel efficiency: Thanks to the increased use of lightweight materials and an ongoing run of powertrain innovations, the current crop of pickup trucks can be fairly fuel friendly, with diesel-power EPA ratings of up to 29 mpg and regular-gas models available that can reach 26 mpg.
5. Premium power on tap: Some drivers prefer the push of high-horsepower engines, and the 2015 pickups meet that demand by serving up more than 400 ponies and yet higher levels of torque, for confident acceleration in any scenario.
6. Clever off-road capabilities: Nor does driving a pickup mean staying on the pavement; all the leading full-size pickups can deliver rugged off-road systems, and a variety of brands are bringing out fresh models designed specifically as trail trucks.
7. Web-friendly connectivity: The big brands are just now bringing mobile Wi-Fi to their rosters, but that does include a selection of the newest pickups on the market. Drivers get the advantage of a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and enhanced connectivity, even on the road.
8. Safe passage in a pickup: Forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, advanced seatbelts, and rear-view and surround-view camera systems are among the cutting-edge driver assistance measures offered on the present-day pickups, a number of which have earned 5-star Overall Safety Scores from NHTSA.
9. Personalization potential: While the next-gen pickup posse is exceedingly stylish when it’s fresh from the factory, automakers and aftermarket sources alike furnish an extensive array of custom appearance (and performance) upgrades that can be used to create truly one-of-a-kind vehicles.
10. Save the manuals: Traditional manual transmissions have been relegated to the automotive endangered-species list, but drivers who prefer the benefits of DIY shifting will be delighted to realize most pickups do provide such transmissions as standard equipment.
Of course, there is something better than getting a brand-new pickup, and that’s getting a brand-new pickup for free, as part of the new Keep on Truckin’ giveaway at the Isle® Casino Waterloo!
This promotion will provide one grand prize winner with a new 2015 Ford® F-150 pickup, which in turn will pack an aluminum-intensive design and some of the industry’s smartest technologies into a highly capable, eminently stylish full-size truck. Participating in the giveaway is easy, with players qualifying for one virtual entry per day from July 1 through August 1, 2015, and then able to earn yet more entries based on their gaming time at the casino. Also, while the actual drawing for this fantastic Ford is scheduled for 11:00 p.m. on August 1, the same night will further feature “early bird” drawings, for FanPlay or promo chips, at 7 p.m., 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.
(Please note that gamers must activate their entries at least one hour before each drawing, with Fan Club members able to swipe their membership cards from 8 p.m. to 10:59 p.m. on the sweepstakes day for grand-prize activation.)
Also, regardless of which player goes home with the grand-prize pickup, it’s important to remember there are many other ways to win at Isle Casino Waterloo! Among them: both a poker room and a wide selection of table games that’s highlighted by craps, live-action roulette, blackjack and commission-free baccarat, all in a world-class facility that offers fine-dining and live entertainment, too. Remember to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter for even more gaming fun!