Back to Blog
3 Simple and Tasty Seafood Recipes
Bring the ocean to your table this summer, even if you’re hundreds of miles from shore! We’ve put together some of our favorite seafood recipes that are easy to make and hard to resist. If you’re a seafood lover, these easy-to-follow recipes are sure to be your new favorites!
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi Over Orzo
Turn up the sophistication factor on this seafood classic. Lemon and fresh ground pepper bring an unexpected zing, while orzo adds a unique texture you’d expect to find only in the Mediterranean. This take on shrimp scampi is kept simple so that each ingredient shines!
Start to finish time: 20 minutes
1 cup uncooked orzo
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided in half
7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Follow package directions to cook orzo, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place in a medium bowl. Stir in chopped parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover the mixture to keep warm.
While orzo is cooking, sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add half of the shrimp to the pan. Sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and repeat this process with the other half of the shrimp, using 1 teaspoon of butter this time.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, lemon juice and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
Nutrition information per serving: 403 calories; 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat); 276 mg cholesterol; 549 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 40 g protein.
Easiest Baked Fish Fillets
If you’re craving fish for dinner but don’t have time for the hassle of pan-frying, this simple recipe is for you! Use any type of firm white fish, like cod, haddock or grouper, and save time (and calories!) by baking instead of frying. This recipe is so easy that it’ll surely become your go-to way to prepare fish!
Start to finish time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 (5 ounces of fish per serving)
1 1/2 pounds grouper or other white fish fillets
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and place fish inside. In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder and pepper. Spread the sauce mixture evenly over fish. Sprinkle coated fish with breadcrumbs, then drizzle with melted butter.
Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with grilled vegetables or your choice of side dishes.
Note: Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of fish.
Nutrition information per serving: 223 calories; 7.5 g fat (3 g saturated fat); 84 mg cholesterol; 223 mg sodium; 5 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 34 g protein.
Simple Crab Cakes with Spicy Rémoulade
You don’t need to eat out for the tastiest crab cakes in town. That’s right, you can whip up some restaurant-worthy crab cakes in your kitchen for dinner tonight!
Start to finish time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 (2 crab cakes per serving)
1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup panko, divided
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced shallots
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon capers, chopped
3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Drain the crabmeat on several layers of paper towels. Combine the crab, bell pepper and the next 4 ingredients (through egg), tossing gently. Mix in 1/4 cup panko, and place the remaining 3/4 cup panko in a shallow dish.
Divide the crab mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into 3/4-inch-thick patties. Dredge each patty in panko.
Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 4 patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat this cooking process for the remaining 4 patties.
In a small bowl, mix canola mayonnaise and the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Serve with crab cakes over a bed of mixed greens.
Note: If you don’t like spice, omit the ground red pepper from the rémoulade recipe.
Nutrition information per serving: 320 calories; 17 g fat (1 g saturated fat); 166 mg cholesterol; 555 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 27 g protein.
Not in the mood to cook?
If you’re craving seafood but filleting fish and peeling shrimp just isn’t your thing, we’ve got you covered! Seafood Takeover is in full force throughout the entire month of July at Isle Casino Hotel® Waterloo. We’ll be featuring a variety of seafood specials on shrimp, crab, lobster and more that will transport you to sandy beaches and salty breezes! Take advantage of these special offers now because they won’t last long!
Stop in to Isle Casino Hotel® Waterloo during July for Seafood Takeover.
It’s that time of year again! With Seafood Takeover every day in July, the ocean has never been closer! Choose from mouthwatering fare at Farmer’s Pick Buffet®, Otis & Henry’s® and The Lone Wolf®.
Farmer’s Pick Buffet®
Come for the variety and stay for the fresh ingredients! Farmer’s Pick Buffet® has more than 80 delicious items to choose from, and during the month of July we’re adding some seafood delicacies that you just won’t be able to resist!
- Monday: Crab Potato Cakes, All You Can Eat Crab Legs for just $21.99*
- Tuesday: Fresh Italian Mussels, Shrimp Scampi
- Wednesday: Clams Casino, Fresh Catch of the Day
- Thursday: Crab Mac & Cheese, Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi topped with Pineapple Salsa
- Friday: Mango BBQ Shrimp Skewers, Add on Crab Leg Buckets
- Saturday: Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms, Add on Crab Leg Buckets
- Sunday: All You Can Eat Peel & Eat Shrimp, Seafood Pasta
- Sunday Lunch or Dinner: Add on 7-8 oz. lobster tail for just $11.99*
- Every day: Seafood Pizza
Otis & Henry’s®
Otis & Henry’s® is where elegance meets comfort. All throughout July, we're featuring mouthwatering seafood specialties that are prepared with fresh ingredients especially for you.
- Coconut Shrimp: hand-breaded shrimp tossed in coconut shavings and fried to a golden brown served with orange Malibu® rum dipping sauce - $10.99
- Oysters Bienville: half dozen freshly shucked Bluepoint oysters topped with an herb, mushroom, crab, shrimp, bacon and Italian breadcrumb mixture. Topped with Parmesan cheese and baked - $13.99*
- Grilled Scallops: fresh diver scallops served hot off the grill with a mango bourbon glaze, toasted rice pilaf and broccolini - $23.99*
- Swordfish Bruschetta: grilled swordfish filet, local mushroom risotto with mascarpone, heirloom tomatoes, basil and balsamic - $18.99*
- Add Ons: 12 oz. Lobster Tail- $45.00*
The Lone Wolf®
Find your favorite pub fare and seafood classics at The Lone Wolf® during the month of July.
- Shrimp Po-Boy: fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato, rémoulade sauce; served with fries - $9.99*
- Catfish Po-Boy: fried catfish, lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce; served with fries - $9.99*
- Shrimp Basket: fried popcorn shrimp, freshly made cocktail sauce; served over a bed of fries - $9.99*
- Hawaiian BBQ Bacon Shrimp Pizza: homemade pizza topped with shrimp, bacon, Cookies BBQ sauce, sweet pineapple, mozzarella cheese- $14.99*
*Tax and gratuity not included